View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3722073)   #132
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Once again the armchair experts are at it. I understand why LD left this group when all people do is knock anyone else down, especially if they like the driver. I know for a fact that SVG was put with Whincup for sponsorship reasons due to knowing someone who works in the team. The plan was to have JW and Lowndes together and SVG in car 3 set to replace Lowndes. If Smeg is his sponsor it would be through partnering Simon Evans, the know it all's here seem to forget that Shane races with Simon in the Kiwi tourers who is sponsored by Smeg as a major one. I also think that Giltrap Group is on Simon's car, not 100% sure. Also to the people who say 'he races overseas he must attract sponsors' grow the hell up. Anyone like SVG would be signed to race with the TEAM. The team has the sponsor most of the time, not Shane. Honestly this place seems to be lacking something given that some people are working In teams or have. As far as I am aware they haven't been a spud and be hypocritical. To Driver TBA are you serious, Shane fitting in more than Craig with a sponsor, pretty silly comment given that Craig is up there with the most valued sportspeople for sponsorship representation. Already covered what I have to say to Mark Petch and mayhem and in regards to go harder's comment, I am not able to divulge who gave me this information. I now understand why some people keep queit around armchair know it all's because you cant say anything. To be honest this doesn't bother me as I know the facts and other people just want to stick up for Van Puntsbergan, but someone had to say it in regards to some people's comments, to the people who don't carry on when the read something they don't like then this is unfortunate that you had to see this, but like I say it had to be said
If you are referring to me as an "armchair expert" you could not be more wrong, I spend more time at the race track than most competitors. I own the new Smeg racing Audi R8 LMS car, part own the Smeg V8 Supertourer, run 30 Ssangyong utes for a very diverse range of drivers over 6 race meeting's, and also sit on the SOG's committee that organise's the Premier NZ Summer Series.

In between all that I own two GpA Historic cars including the John Bowe ex Australian Volvo Team car, which I ran for JB at Phillip Island 10 days ago. I also still drive myself in New Zealand historic events.

Oh and by the way SVG drove with Simon Evan's for just 3 V8ST Endurance races back in 2014.

I guess I should also declare that one of my companies Racer Products are also small personal sponsors of SVG, with his non RedBull OMP gear.

So what's your role in motor racing Mceci1?