View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3722483)   #3443
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
CART was an exceptional series and I have to agree, IndyCar is a shadow of it's former self. I will watch a race and think back to when they were racing Marchs, Lolas or Reynards. I have downloaded pretty much every CART season, so I'm not wearing rose tinted specs and drinking Kool Aid.

However, IndyCar has come a long way since unification and they are trying to improve the series. Fortunately, because Boston was a non-starter, not one but two iconic road tracks were back on the calendar and both produced good racing, plus a good core nucleus of tracks is coming together.

I'll continue to watch and follow IndyCar because no other open wheel series has the variety of tracks and personally, I find the racing is closer and better than F1.

Which CART race did you go to?
Late reply to this, sorry about that!

I used to have a copy of all the CART races from 1997 to 2000. Some Eurosport broadcasts, others not. Unfortunately those are long gone from a hard drive crash. I fully agree with you - there was no rose tints when it comes to CART - it really was an incredible series.

You're probably right that IndyCar has come a long way since unification though. Maybe I'm in the minority though, but I prefer the old Dallara days 2007 onward. It just seemed better IMO. Since the DW12 came along, I haven't enjoyed it. But maybe that's just me (and if it is, that's ok - I'll just have to accept that). I guess I've kinda dropped open wheel racing, which makes me a bit sad.

I attended the 2006 Long Beach GP (CCWS days, rather than CART. It'll never get remembered as a classic (flag to flag win for Bourdais iirc), but it was an incredible time for me. Had a media pass and was able to go right up to the catch fence and wander anywhere. Those were good days.