View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2017, 03:35 (Ref:3727907)   #111
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
I think that's an incorrect assertion if you watched individual races. It was varies much more than that. 2015 was the complete opposite of 2016, the field got very strung out between cautions.

Alonso will get decent mileage during the practice days, even if the ROP and pre-Indy testing is not particularly long. It wouldn't surprise me if it's multiple race distances, more than any F1 testing allowed these days.

As for the safety comment, may I direct you to the British F4 accident that happened last weekend. Or Alonso's own injuries in F1. Motorsport is not some padded risk-free activity. I would like to add that Hinchcliffe's crash was caused by a mechanical failure of an obsolete part (which was also run way past its recommended mileage).
What are the engine mileage rules for Indy? Can a team swap out an engine before its prescribed mileage and not be penalised?

If there is a metric shedload of testing going on, the Honda might get a workout