View Single Post
Old 10 May 2017, 07:27 (Ref:3732604)   #73
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Super Touring had all this whiz-bang technology, sequential gearboxes and up-to-date relevancy, yet no-one was interested and the fans preferred to watch V8Supercars with their old technology

Now apparently Supercars has to be "up-to-date", make up your minds.

Supercars big selling point, particularly during the Super Touring war and later the PROCAR disagreements, is that it reflected what the fans wanted. Technological advancement was not something that was high on the priority list, nor did the fans seem to care.
I was interested and so were plenty of others, but ST fans were outnumbered by V8 fans. Was it because of the cars or was it because most of the big teams and name drivers went to V8s? I say the fans followed their heroes, not the cars. If the top guys had gone to ST, then V8s would have faded.

If you don't believe me, cast your mind back to the introduction of Group A. The top teams and drivers moved across from Group C to Group A and the fans followed them, they did not abandon Touring Car racing to follow Sports Sedans...