View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3738722)   #284
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Exactly, which is presumably why the additional content which ITV is putting on its Twitter account on Saturdays tends to be more niche in nature, because while interesting to the sort of people who read this forum, the bulk of the TV audience is less interested in why Adam Morgan's car is better when it rains, or what factors are taking into account when designing tyre compounds, or how a car's ride height is measured.
This is the problem with modern society though! We have a generation of people who don't know how the world works, nor show any interest in learning. Hence we have a bunch of limp wristed tight jean wearing 'lads' who don't even know how you hang a picture, never mind change a tyre or do basic maintenance on a car. I hate how everything's dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

It's like the whole talking to babies thing, you should talk to them like they're adults as their brains will pick stuff up, retain it and eventually regurgitate it. If you go in all GOO GOO, GAH GAH, then how do they learn. This is how I feel about young adults today, the whole world seems to educate them with dumbed down talent show nonsense and they don't learn anything useful. Ooh, you know all the words to Justin Bieber, but can you change a light bulb?

Not so long back I remember Tim Harvey explaining, mid-race, the difference between the WSR and Motorbase BMW E90s. How one was running different dampers, then how one was lighter because they opted for a H-pattern shifter vs. a sequential box, now that's interesting and something that people can learn from.

It's be a great feature if each round they looked at the various aspects of an NGTC car, even if they just did a 10min slot on the subframe, the roll cage, the brakes etc, just to drip feed in a bit of information, it can still be a bit dumbed down if they like, I mean they don't have to explain the metal composition of a brake disc or the spring rates but just to show people how the things are put together would be great!