Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3746117)   #5312
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
GTLM grid numbers a bit small for my liking. Maybe we can get a boost in 2018 from somebody. It would be neat if Lexus came into GTLM. They can't run as a factory in GTD next year. IMSA could give them a provision like they have been given BMW. And BMW will be GTE compliant in 2018.

I hope too that Extreme Speed Motorsports will reconsider a return to GTLM. Being in DPI is not doing much for them this year. Will only get worse from their prospective with a high powered Honda effort coming in. Cadillac will only get better too. Also the Oreca Gibson has shown to be a great package. So yeah, I would love to see them return in Ferraris.

Just hopeful thinking I guess on my part. I have always admitted I'm a GT fan first and foremost before prototypes.
I'd rather see esm stay in dpi because I like their fugly car.

But I hope both the Acura and Lexus in gtd move up, even if pay-drivers make one of the two team cars uncompetitive. One each full pro of those two and the class looks nicely subscribed.