Thread: WEC Race 6 Hours of Nurburgring
View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3751483)   #52
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Red flag, yellow flag, who cares? It was when cars were traveling slowly and proceeding back to the pits. You're not supposed to run into someone when the track isn't green. Technically, you're not really supposed to when the track is green. But when it's not under racing conditions, you're supposed to stay in line and do what the race director says, be it stay in formation or proceed back to the pits in an orderly fashion.

I still don't agree with the ruling that the team should get a 7 minute stop and hold penalty when the offending driver can just be suspended for the rest of the weekend. As I've said, the ACO have set that precedent before.

I also think that Rusinov should've been suspended for Nurburgring instead of the team having to deal with a 3 minute stop and hold he caused.