Thread: WEC Race 6 Hours of Nurburgring
View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3751494)   #55
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, maybe I should just give up on racing. Probably should have back in 2008.

As I said, it shouldn't make a difference if a race or session is under a yellow flag or a red flag, if you overtake someone, you should expect a penalty. You get caught speeding, expect a penalty. You hit someone, definitely expect a penalty. And if that means suspending a team's pay driver, so be it.

And I'm to the point of screw making tracks safer, make the cars safer if a series is that worried about it. Suzuka is a Grade 1 track and that didn't stop someone from dying as a result of an accident there fairly recently. Teams will abuse track limits if you allow them to, and penalizing them for it will only go so far. You can still have paved run off and have a "moat" of gravel or low grip material that will cause any limits violations to be punished with a spin or lost track position.

Last edited by chernaudi; 15 Jul 2017 at 17:10.