Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3751755)   #43
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
That is very true .
Oil Companies par far higher rates of tax , [ & much more of it ] , than just about any other business . Some countries whole economy is based on revenue from oil .
And in the UK the public pays more in tax on road fuels than any other item .

But still the greenies come out with the ridiculous lie that fossil fuels are subsidised .
Not so in the UK, any more, Tel. The UK's North Sea oil and gas production, not necessarily the refining of same, now receives more in subsidiaries than the Exchequer receives tax. And as long as there is a glut of petro-carbons that is likely to continue.

As to the comments about certain production facilities being "carbon neutral", this doesn't necessarily mean that the production of the raw materials, and the transport of them, is carbon neutral.

And there often comes a point at which increasing production necessitates using power from traditional sources. I personally know of one manufacturer that for over a hundred years had produced all their electricity from their own water recourses, but had to move and join the national grid when their production reached a certain level.

By the way, I am not a greenie. back in the 60s and 70s I argued against the drive towards using recycled paper for packaging, because it requires far more power to produce a tonne of recycled paper than it would to produce a tonne of plastic. And they wouldn't need to use all the noxious substances that are needed to recycle the stuff that goes into recycled paper.