View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3753391)   #2378
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
One of my customers had a Darwin moment today. My job involves tipping very large skips into the back of my very large dust cart the same as in the picture. So today I'm tipping a skip and one of the managers comes out and says "I need to clear those boxes", this is from behind where the skip is located and the silly bint then proceeds to stand under the skip while it's in the air and remove the boxes, I shouted at her not to go under but she just carried on regardless, all the time she's talking on a mobile phone. I'd already had a similar incident with one of the other managers earlier in the week and had to tell him to move as well.
All reported to my boss who was less than impressed and made a phone call to them pointing out the error of their ways. I just wonder where these people get their brains from and how they actually manage to get to a position of some responsibility.
Living in France, where thankfully H&S is in its infancy, such things would be normal. If you've watched any of the Tour de France I am sure you will have spotted spectators crammed into Manitou shovels and the like, hovering perilously high in the air. Hard hats etc haven't really caught on either.