View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3754864)   #203
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As mentioned, if you're a fan of a particular team or car maker, it sucks that Audi have left, Porsche are pretty much certain to be on the way out, and Toyota might follow suit. It also sucks that we don't have the insane hybrid cars. But there's also reason why it's now fading away, and maybe perhaps, it might be for the best. I don't know at this stage.

But if the ACO react (IMO, it would've helped if they were proactive instead of riding the gravy train) right, this could be a big boom in entries in LMP1, and maybe get some of the LMP2 teams with all pro ambitions to move up. The quality of a lot of the LMP2 teams is as good a lot of the better LMP900/LMP1 private teams, and even some factory teams.

You know that they say, when one door closes, another can open.

I'd actually like to see customer based GT3 as a possible alternative to GTE-Am, but I don't know the future of that class, since it's about as well subscribed at the sprint races as LMP1 is. But then again I'd love to see an increased variety in LMP1 cars and a return to the days of customer cars.