View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2017, 08:08 (Ref:3755004)   #220
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I think the role model for racing should be horseback riding (esp. show jumping) and sailing. Like racing, both are sports that are based on a means of transport and both managed to survive when that means of transport fell out of mainstream usage by styling themselves as an upscale gentlemen's sport. And just like nobody would think to base America's Cup boat specs on Windjammers or would use anything less than the most specialized breed of horse for show jumping, I don't think racing cars in the future will be influenced very much by today's production cars.
Agreed. I think the future of motorsport isn't necessarily electric, but distancing itself from road car versions. You can even have the noise by using hydrogen internal combustion engines. With sportscar racing especially being funded by a lot of wealthy amateurs buying customer cars, I can see that being the way the market goes.