View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3755662)   #63
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Then why are Porsche gone? I've heard and read that a lot of the things that Porsche aren't happy about (ACO rulings, promotion, returns on investment) are the same things Audi Sport reportedly weren't happy about.

Also, Daimler were in bigger trouble if anything than VAG were and they still have a F1 team, and though they killed their DTM program, DTM is probably a fraction of what Mercedes-Benz spends on F1 every season.

I suspect that at DSC/RLM that Graham and Hindy aren't on the same page. Given that Hindy was saying that Porsche could be gone as early as last year. And he and others said that the EOT being what it was certainly ticked Audi Sport off.

Not to mention spending $150+million a year to win two races in each of their last three seasons didn't help when they spent between 1/2 and 2/3 that to win 6 races in 2013 alone.

I think that there's a lot more involved than just dieselgate. I think it's like Hindy said a while back on Midweek Motorsports FB page, that it's politics within VAG and between VAG and the ACO that was the deciding factor.