View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3756613)   #140
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Um, he made some right howlers! Brundle in F3, Mansell '87, Schlesser '88, Brundle '89 Nakajima '90, Prost '90 just off the top of my head
Hmm - well personally I'd discount F3 (& both gave as good as they got there) as that is very much a development category compared to F1. Even if it is included though, that amounts to 6 incidents over a spread of 8 years.

Schlesser '88 I tend to agree with you but then that wasn't about racing for position, JLS was a lapped car - but if Senna had hung back for one corner he could have easily passed him on the exit, rather than trying to do so on entry.

Brundle '89 I assume you mean Adelaide? Senna was completely unsighted in the rain and spray, even Brundle didn't know that Senna had hit him so I wouldn't count that one.

Prost '90 I assume you mean first corner at Suzuka? I felt that was totally out of order but no so much a "howler" or clumsy move as completely deliberate.

The Mansell and Naka one's I honestly can't recall due to the mists of time.