View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3756855)   #177
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was trying to avoid the "barriers to entry" conversation. Also the "I can still fit in my race gear after 16 years" conversation - how's a boy to make an honest shekel :ROFL:

I did extensive research on driver ages and demographics. Drivers race up to their early 20s and then they go away through their 30s until mid 40s. That makes sense if we think about our own lives - remember I'm talking about "averages" not dyed-in-the-wool racers. We (the latter) will do anything to race, but it's the mainstream that the sport needs to attract to grow.

I had a cluster of customers in the Worcestershire area, and used ACORN demographics to scale that up to find the likely residential neighbourhoods to target - yup it all matched with existing customers. So in the realm of your "average" hobby driver, I can safely say that "young" is 40, those in their 20s will not be racing cars that we define as "classic".

So don't worry about the 30 year olds - they're not racing anything let alone historics.

I cannot stress enough that I'm talking averages, I'm sure there are many, many exceptions. But for marketing purposes these are the people I target as they make up the bulk of customers.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk