View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3759503)   #2546
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I remember a TV advertisement for the Renault 30 (or maybe the 20) that featured a well known British racing driver. It showed him getting into the car & driving along a journey whilst the voice over extolled the virtues of the car. As he stopped at some road works traffic lights they were describing the performance of the fuel injected engine, the driver was blipping the throttle & there were shots of the exhaust pipe. Alongside the stationary car was a British Bobby on a bicycle who knocked on the window and uttered the brilliant lines: "Who do you think you are, Stirling Moss?" Who of course he was.
Renault obviously used an imaginative advertising agency at this time as I also remember an advert for the R20 in the Sunday Newspaper magazines asking "How many Albert Hall's can you get into the Renault 20?" Lower down the page was a picture of a very large gentleman who was apparently called Mr Albert Hall, and using him they showed how roomy the car was.
Anyway, it must be time now for my medication...