View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3761862)   #87
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Why would you buy a Ford or Holden? I'm sorry but the statistics are that they are of lower quality compared to rival cars. [Both local and international Ford and GM products. Falcon: bushings and transmission milkshake. Territory: rust. Commodore: timing chain stretch. Then the international products: "Craptiva" "Astra" (enough said) "Cruze" (oh golly) "Ford Powershift" transmission (commonly referred by owners without the second "f"!) ]

It doesn't make sense to buy a Ford or Holden, when you could buy alternatives.

Your Holden Rodeo is really an Izusu (Japanese), that's why it's a reliable Holden!
I disagree with that. Its not as a rule the manufacturer, we have an XR8, had the rockers go, it wasn't an issue with Ford but it was an independent manufacturer issue, as are most issues now. But believe the media, they'll advertise bad things about our own, look at what the media dirt who are making the claims about Ford Holden, and how they are in support of from overseas, its not good for Australians. Ford and Holden wouldn't be able to label who provided parts and those things that fail, because if they did, they'd be sued for defamation. I wouldn't touch anything from Asia with a 70 foot pole, our utes were post Isuzu era, Holden moved away from the Isuzu engine and powertrain towards their own (you cant tell me that's false as I know the parts in the car given that we do our own servicing on it) I don't even want to touch anything from Europe, most Asian, European imports are small cars that in a crash you'd be dead. What about fuel conservation too, the imports we will have are from city areas (China/Japan like) what they call a big tank wouldn't get me to where our XR8 or Ute would on a tank of fuel. Import is not the way, people will see that in the future, where Ford and Holden could be repaired, import will be dumped

Here are some statistics last year actually I found, this was as of half year

1. Toyota: 9 recall notices covering 465,000 vehicles

2. Mitsubishi: 9 recall notices covering 438,000 vehicles

3. Honda: 5 recall notices covering 295,000 vehicles

4. Nissan: 5 recall notices covering 111,000 vehicles

5. Subaru: 5 recall notices covering 108,000 vehicles

6. Jeep-Chrysler: 11 recall notices covering 85,600 vehicles

7. Hyundai: 4 recall notices covering 60,895 vehicles

8. Volkswagen-Skoda: 9 recall notices covering 12,800 vehicles

9. Holden: 5 recall notices covering 12,300 vehicles

10. Mercedes-Benz: 9 recall notices covering 8500 vehicles

11. Jaguar-Land Rover: 7 recall notices covering 3600 vehicles

12. Peugeot-Citroen: 6 recall notices covering 3000 vehicles

13. Maserati: 2 recall notices covering 1900 vehicles

14. Kia: 2 recall notices covering 750 vehicles

15. Fiat-Alfa Romeo: 4 recall notices covering 66 vehicles

So if I was looking to by a new car, I'd buy a Holden, certainly not the so called 'more efficient or reliable' cars

Last edited by mceci1; 27 Aug 2017 at 08:55.