View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3762699)   #5076
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think Honda spend about 100 some million in supporting McLaren and whatever the engine program costs. That's not that much if you think about how big the budgets from Ferrari and those top guys are. I don't know about the validity of these claims though. I think DOME with Honda backing could be really competitive. Maybe they'll find a use for their f1 engines if the McLaren deal goes away? They'll have more freedom in the wec too, and shouldn't have to worry about being severly restricted in testing.
Well currently Honda engines can't last the distance of an F1 or Indy 500 race, so they would have to be severely detuned to last 24 hours .
Anyway I hope to see it happen, it could be in the form of a privateer package with Dome suppling chassis with Honda as "preferred" engine supplier.