Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3763173)   #803
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
If anything does come about out of this speculation, the calendar speculation and changing to a 'Winter' series will weigh heavily on which round it may potentially be. IMSA will not split up one of it's 'Blue Riband Events' ...
I'm hoping the WEC-ELMS test weekend (usually in late March) gets postponed as well so more international teams have the opportunity to compete at Sebring.

Agree, splitting up one of your signature races to accommodate WEC's needs is the worst thing IMSA could do. Anyway, it sounds like the WEC needs to have a championship race on a third continent in order to retain World Championship status and with both CotA and Mexico-City reportedly being axed it leaves only Europe and Asia as the two remaining continents on the board.

With all the arrogance of the FIA/ACO and the still fairly recent experience of Sebring 2013 in mind, I really don't see another shared event in N-A happening - as much as I would like to!

Would a separate WEC-GTE race on the same weekend as a IMSA GT only event be the more realistic option there?

Last edited by Coach Ep; 31 Aug 2017 at 13:34.