View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3763767)   #366
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The "transitional year" is also me justifying in my own head a very strange calendar. They have clearly listened to fans, and adopted Sebring. This is brilliant news. But Silverstone and Nurburgring were very well attended events, and we're dropping those? Obviously China is where money is, and where manufacturers want to go, and the same can be said for the middle east. But if the fans don't watch or go, then it's pointless - F1 is now looking at returning to European races after the middle east events seen a drop in popularity. Porsche complained of a lack of activation around the WEC (and I think we'd all agree), so dropping 2 big popular events is not really addressing that IMO.

But even than, the 19-20 season won't have any additional races, and the slot is February, and we're not going to be putting Silverstone or Nurburging into that. Yes there's the argument that you don't need 3-4 races in Europe. But the counter argument is always going to be "Why are you getting rid of the popular things?".

Last edited by Akrapovic; 2 Sep 2017 at 12:39.