Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3764085)   #2340
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A lot has been made about how half the grid have received penalties. But half the grid didn't, and that other half have not received engine penalties all season.
Should they suffer because the others have got it wrong?
The size of the penalties is also a strange one, as they are caused in part due to the compounding of multiple element changes in an overall PU package.
The way the technical regulations are constructed leads to the 'massive penalties', but the below standard build quality is the cause of the penalties in the first place and it is this area that I feel efforts should be made to address the problem.
How though, I'm not sure if it would work but an idea is for the penalties to be applied to the engine manufacturer through a separate championship.
E.g, we have a constructors, drivers and PU championships. Penalties are applied as point deductions in each respective table.

Therefore, this weekend would have seen Ricciardo and Verstappen starting up the front, but Renault would suffer in the PU table.