Thread: Race Mexico Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3776851)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Max made that pass work BECAUSE he smoothed out the worst of the angularitites at Turn 17/18 or 16-17/18 (sources can't agree on how that turn is even numbered). So, Adam, thank you for proving my point about the corner shape.
No problem, happy to help. I think. I'm a bit lost with the Verstappen thing. That pass wasn't many corners side by side it was simply cutting a corner. I was thinking more turn 1 and then side by side all he way to the fast complex at turn 4 (or similar number - I can't be bothered to look up the COTA corner numbers).

Quote:
So no, EVERY turn at Mexico City has been re-profiled, down to that relatively mild adjustment to the exit of Peraltada, due to the realignment of the entire first half of the front straight.

Lewis Hamilton F1 Pole Lap 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-TMH-r9dxY

Justin Wilson ChampCar Pole Lap 2006:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty51w6ULG1c

The difference is pretty clear, right?
Right! Woo!

Er, yes, all changed. The style of the corner is still the same was what I meant. Although that was lost in being wrong, sorry.

I've attached a comparison of old and new. In a different place, but right left right.
Quote:
In addition to changing the corner shapes, when it was redone for F1, the track was actually made narrower than it was for CART/CCWS. Strange, that one.
It is narrower, which is a shame. However slightly tighter corner is probably a little better for overtaking as most overtaking mainly done underbraking...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0341.JPG