Thread: Driver Lewis Hamilton Champion
View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3779214)   #61
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Which is the very reason that I didn't mention duty free. However, it should be noted that there are limits on duty free, and if you exceed those limits you could to open to prosecution.
Thus the difference between avoidance and evasion. Avoidance, using tax laws I. Your favour to avoid paying tax. Evasion, breaking tax laws and try to hide the fact you haven’t paid tax

Lewis is borderline with his plane. Perfectly ok for business use, he has a right to claim the VAT back...the personal use bit maybe not so much, but I’m sure his tax lawyers are far better at answering that question. The fact he nor his company have tried to hide anything from the HMRC leads me to think it’s completely legal avoidance strategy or he has been badly advised that it was ok