View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3783135)   #130
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow wow wow wow wow

I'm living in the UK so didn't catch the full race, but did quickly read the highlights on Speedcafe when I woke up, and caught the last 15 mins. Frankly I didn't bother getting up early because it was meant to be a done deal for McLaughlin.

Boy was I wrong. I couldn't watch the last 5 laps, had to put the phone down.

(1) PLP for both Shell cars - did they have their limiters set any differently to other tracks? Cue the Holden / T8 / Dane conspiracy theorists - Dr Story claims their data shows no more than 40 km/h.

(2) McLaughlin / Lowndes clash and subsequent penalty - no doubt the stewards would have been under immense pressure to make a decision quickly so the championship wasn't under a cloud, but that did seem a little too hasty!

I don't feel this is done, although I don't know enough about Roger Penske's mindset / racing ethos to know whether he will be likely to approve an appeal by his team.

In the off season, T8 really need to sort out SVG. Far too mistake prone this year, and with an attitude problem to boot. Car speed has obviously suffered this year with the loss of Ludo and resourced stretched onto the ZB program as well.