View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3783622)   #191
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
What I can't square is Craig then just letting Scott go at Turn 2 back at about Lap 20 in Race 2. That is an issue in light of what happened later. There needs to be a clear, consistent, understandable standard of driver conduct. Black-and-white rules and sliding scales of peoples' whims don't mesh.

In light of earlier events, I'd probably have adjudged the ending there with Craig as a racing incident. If you're going to use the standard that the T8 man has to do what is 'necessary' as justification, well then, Scott did exactly the same thing. Penalize both, or penalize neither one. And I'd definitely call it a racing incident if Craig never received any real sort of cautionary note from anyone after the earlier contact he made with Scott's tail.

And keep in mind, Craig spent at least five seasons as easily my favorite driver in the series, so don't get started on that tack.