Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3790808)   #1005
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See how Sirotkin goes before slaughtering him. I doubt the decision between him and Kubica was purely performance, the budget of course came into it.

Sirotkin needs to destroy Stroll though. Stroll was miles off Massa in terms of pace over the course of the season and with respect, Massa was hardly top drawer at this stage. Stroll's performance in Abu Dhabi was frankly embarrassing - when he should have made leaps during the year, it was as at least as bad as his first races. That performance was right up there with the likes of any of the joke pay drivers over the years.

If Stroll does not up his game seriously in 2018, I hope they have the conviction to say to Stroll Sr., we're done. Otherwise, they are existing just to run Stroll and settle for mediocrity.

I also don't think the Williams was as poor a car as claimed during 2017 - Stroll got some results out of it even when it was clear on the onboards he was overdriving and braking way too early when other cars were around him (like he was a bit scared) so he wasn't extracting every last tenth out of it. Massa was up and down and well past his best.