Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3790882)   #1007
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The deal was done just before Christmas, apparently. Williams waiting for the cheque to clear before making an official announcement, which is expected to be in the coming days.

Flavio Briatore, a close friend to Kubica and Rosberg, said the following on Speed Week a few days ago.

Briatore: "I am very sorry that Kubica did not manage to convince Williams. I have talked to Nico Rosberg several times. I know that everything has been tried, but the Russian has an enormous budget. We’re talking about twenty million here. Kubica could muster between seven and ten million."

"I’m very sorry about that. I do not even know who that Russian is. If Robert had returned to Grand Prix racing, it would have been a success for Formula 1. I find it very strange of the Formula 1 leadership that they have not given Robert a helping hand."

R.I.P. Williams F1 Team.
crazy to think that Kubica's 7-10 mil is not near close enough to secure a pay ride anymore!!!

despite Maldonado's win in 2012, i would think, on paper anyways, Stroll and Sirotkin is a more promising pairing at the outset then was the Maldonado and Senna pairing heading into the 2012 season. rather its not the worst pay driver line up i have seen.

hard to write off Williams just yet imo...i feel like regardless of their driving paring they are banking on the reliability and power of the Merc engine to keep them squarely in 5th place on the constructors table.

given the 2018 engine allotment rules plus the money coming in from their pay drivers, this may be a reasonable risk to take.