View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3802625)   #2502
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
TOCA engines all go back to Swindon at the end of the season as far as I know.
Depends on if they are leased or purchased.

A 1-year lease costs 25K per unit, or teams can purchase for 20K.

It is estimated that a non-TOCA unit costs 15K to purchase, with estimated 8K rebuild each year. So cheaper than the Swindon unit, but with the added risk of not being competitive and needing dispensation (as found out by BMR and Motorbase last season).