Old 2 Mar 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3805303)   #221
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yeah poor Cooper. A big fan of Callaway but one has to wonder when they knew for sure that a second car wouldnt be ready and when they told that to MC. I can understand them wanting to defend their GT Masters title but they really should've left Kielwitz in Germany for that program. Cooper should've been the main pilot for PWC with him knowing all the circuits as opposed to Keilwitz who pretty much has none of that knowledge even if he is a damn good driver.

Yes they're a small company and all but this isnt a good look for them in my eyes
Seeing the livery of the Callaway car, I think it is more a budget question. Just a big Callaway sticker, no other major backers are secured at all.

I agree, if they couldn't bring a second car, whatever the reason is, they better could put Cooper behind the wheel as he is more known in the USA than Keilwitz plus he knows the tracks well. About Keilwitz capabilities, I think he is a good driver, but i think he is not a Vilander or something (yet).

Strange that Valvoline not want to back their usa campain, or their 2016 backer Whelen. The can build fast championship winning cars, but marketing seems a bit of a weak point for them.