View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3810998)   #79
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It is fine but the handling of it by ESPN was a joke. Evidently the mothership tapped into the wrong feed for the pre-race show and we got 20 minutes of a fixed camera shot of Melbourne with no audio... on ESPN2. It doesn't say it is cable access but it sure looks like it!
So, yeah, it was amateur hour. I tuned in and and knew exactly what had happened. I think they had the generic world field camera rotation and not the Sky feed. It was the most disorganized mess that I can personally remember seeing with a larger network in... forever.

Even then, I think once the Sky stuff started, the grid stuff seemed very rushed. Like they decided to do grid interviews at the very last minute and drivers had no time to talk. It all felt like something had gone wrong with both ESPN and the Sky coverage.

ESPN apparently apologized the the mess...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/e...rrors-1019008/

Richard