View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2018, 01:04 (Ref:3811839)   #316
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
My view on the actual TV coverage? It should be FTA as the sport should want people to watch it.

Now here’s the comedy suggestion. It strikes me F1 was better when less people watched it. In those days, with less inertia, you could make it better without upsetting the stakeholders. Less people watching might mean less money and less vested interests. I’m not totally serious here, but what if F1 was less popular?
Mainly I was just being silly. I’m failing to find F1 that important at the moment so I’m more flippant than most.
Wisdom said in Jest etc Adam

Yes F1, and the people in it have started to take themselves much too seriously. And with the investment involved there is little wonder that has happened.
That gives us a few problems.
1. Organisational and team navel gazing
2. Exposure to some pretty ill informed media and online critcs.
3. Need to appeal to the great unwashed rather than just a niche, knowledgeable and well informed group (like us)