View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2018, 18:19 (Ref:3812859)   #1274
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would have been happy with this if this was the -original- announcement. As in, they presented the calendar for the first time and to surprise to everyone it read "1000 Miles or 8 Hours of Sebring" after everyone expected a boring formal return to COTA or wherever. But after all this time it's a letdown, the gradual weakening of the format.

I also agree with TF110's view on it being a relegated to serve the 'prestige' 12 hours, rather than being the co-star. As I've said before, it's also the spiritual repeat of Spa 24 Hours weekend in 2010 with FIA GT1 World Championship.