Thread: STCC STCC Season 2018
View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3827430)   #77
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
The thing is, STCC really has a golden opportunity to be a really great series again, it has the teams and drivers wanting in (cause theres really no other serie in Sweden to run) and we have a really great set of regulations in TCR that is still quite young with great potential for years to come.
They just need to do the same as the rest of the TCR series in Europe and try to be one step above them. And if other series stream their races (and qualifying) live for free on the internet with international commentators then STCC has to do it too, its a no-brainer in my mind. They need to reach as many as possible, to be able to create a big fanbase even outside of Sweden, so other teams and series knows whats going on in here. Look at TCR Germany, they attract entries from other European countries, look at the TCR UK, they stream races on internet and have entries from Sweden.
If STCC was aired live on Youtube or Facebook maybe Dan Lloyd could get some sponsors to do a one off to see how well he'd do against some real competition?

It really is baffling to me how badly run STCC is, year after year, some things change to the better, but many things also change to the worst. And to be honest, the TV coverage of STCC has never really been above average (rather quite far from average), but now we cant even watch it at all, which is just sad..
I don't know the Swedish TV landscape but this is a strange move from STCC. Manufacturers and sponsors cannot be happy.
Is the RallyX rallycross championship on the same channel?