View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:22 (Ref:3836867)   #23
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The second half of that GT race was really confused. Best as I can tell, the #31 Ferrari and the #19 Audi should not have been in front of the R-Ferri car following the pitstops. They were incorrectly given the wave around that allowed them to pit and still come out ahead of the pace car and the rest of the field. It was hard to see what happened on the restart, but it looked like the #3 Bentley was at least partially at fault. Both the Porsches cut the chicane and came out ahead of a bunch of cars. The #96 had to cede position to the red Ferrari, but I'm not sure that was sufficient to counteract the advantage gained. The only car that looked totally innocent was the #61 Ferrari, except that it had to serve a penalty for a totally unrelated pitstop violation.....
I know one thing, I don't envy the folks in race control. I'm not sure that there is a good way to solve a situation like this once its all unraveled.