View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3855748)   #1787
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm not sure if Audi, Porsche and Toyota used the exact same tires at the same time, but seeing as they were all AWD hybrid cars, the overall design parameters were probably very similar.
Don't know. 3 cars different in concept and specs:

Audi had 2MJ ERS on front in 2014, 4MJ on front in 2015 and 6MJ on frontin 2016. Just because of that, guess they had to use a different fron tyres compound season by season. Considering also the huge amount of torque that rear tyres had to sustain, almost double compared to porsche and toyota. Guess also that because of heavier diesel engine, most of the weight distribution was on rear, guess this influences tyres structure too.

Porsche had for 3 years a 8MJ front ERS, guess power ratio between axles was 50-50 during hybrid boost. This let me think that all four porsche tyres had to sustain a comparable stress

TS050 if I recall correctly, has 2 ERS one on front and one on rear, so power ratio between front-rear should be in the range of 30-70.
Theoretically, toyota rear tyres should have a more resistant compound than porsche.

If you ask me, is really unlikely porsche, audi and toyota were using the same micheiln tyres compound in recent seasons.