View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2019, 05:43 (Ref:3881557)   #57
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that's the first weekend done and dusted (emphasis on the dust), 7 sessions on track including 4 races and in 3 of the 4 I found a friendly gaggle of front engined cars to play with, excellent sport😁

Regular readers of my south-hemispherical bulletins might remember the fun Mrs M had 2 years ago when she insisted on pushing me around various paddocks in lieu of a starter motor. Well, guess what? Only this time the request was met with 'push your own ****** car' so I guess I'll have to spend a few dollars and find an electrician - one of the starter terminals has vanished without trace leaving a lonely wire waving in the breeze. No damage, nothing broken despite
being the southernmost point of the car and therefore the most likely bit to bounce off a kerb, even the spade connector is still there but just a bare blob of solder inside the body where the terminal and presumably its insulating block should be. So, apart from the leaky bag tank panic (note to self: check the mole grips are still there) and having to drive one-handed all the time it's been a doddle when compared to Iain's miracle repairs, but then I suspect he might know what he's doing whereas I most certainly don't!

Taking Team Delta & friends for a new experience tomorrow, if Iain writes about it I will judge it to have been a success, if not I won't mention it again😂