View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2020, 14:47 (Ref:3997889)   #1804
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Walker never struck me as having an encyclopedic knowledge of the sport. Indeed he get roasted hat one time he did Mastermind. Minute detail was never his thing - and I liked that. That's what I want from a lead commentator. I don't want to be flooded with minutae.

Walker had a circle around each team and driver and was aware of their dramas. That and reading the gaps between drivers is what I want. After that he described the action with an enthusiasm and seriousness. To Walker, a Grand Prix was a serious, dangerous event to be excited about. He had his few quips but he didn't weigh down his takes with an overbearing cheesy DJ wit.

Croft is a fair guy and I'm not going to complain too much having been traumatised by Jonathan Leggard. But this business where commentators think the job is akin to a daytime radio DJ is something that can wear a bit thin. You're not there to be comedians, fellas.