View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2020, 18:29 (Ref:4013589)   #325
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ordered my copy, looking forward to seeing which of bauble's collection have been chosen
At least on person was gently chiding at my persistence on plugging the calendar.
You may recall that in recent years I have produced a calendar featuring members, or cars of interest to them, and when thinking about a 2021 version I had the idea of featuring Mike Bell, however, I thought "Mike deserves better.".
While I have no experience of publishing, I decided to see if it would be possible to produce a 'proper' version, the family were supportive and said they would pay for it. I asked Matti Rogers publisher of 'Street Machine' and MOG Magazine for advice and as MOG had carried a nice tribute to Mike, he instantly adopted the project, sorting out the design, and art work, and then set up the E Bay site With this all done it made it easy for people to order a copy, and, to be honest I expected a lot of sales coming from this forum, after all this is where his friends congregate, and where we saw so many great memories and tributes to Mike when he died.

Naturally everyone is perfectly entitled to make up their own mind over buying a copy, and who does and who does not is none of my business, however, if the calendar makes a loss, I shall feel responsible. It was my idea.
I thank all those who have purchased a copy and for those who have been so supportive, There is still time for sales to pick up, and a mention on the HSCC Facebook page has already yielded results, (Thank you Paul Lawrence).

I f I seem 'pushy' I hope you will understand why.

Cheers all.

Bob.

NB; The publisher is not using any 'branding' or advertising on the calendar, it is completely neutral.

Last edited by bauble; 28 Oct 2020 at 18:35. Reason: Addition