View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2021, 09:56 (Ref:4073221)   #8
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Here's my pictures from this rally: https://bit.ly/3txpCb0

Since there were over 100 cars it's a substantial album...but somewhat repetitive since there were very limited angles/shots to be found at the spectator areas

There are four batches of photos:

1. Shots of the cars coming down a hill towards the first spectator area. This was first thing in the morning so a little hazy (the weather, not me!) and these are cropped long shots.

2. Shots of cars coming right to left in front of the second spectator area. I missed the first 20 or so cars as I got lost in country lanes trying to find the spectator area and many of the rest were lost in clouds of dust.

3. Very long shots from high on a bank overlooking the winding, hedge-lined road the cars wound along. Fabulous view of the countryside but only snatched views of the cars through gaps in the hedge!

4. Fantastic shots taken from the churchyard in a village which some kindly locals took me to. Awesome close-ups from cars going by a few feet away. Unfortunately only the last 20 or so cars and by this time I was tired and hot and out of water so didn't want to wait an hour for them to come past again. In retrospect had I realised how much better these shots were than the rest, I would have stuck it out.

It was a really enjoyable day even if a little frustrating for photography. I learned a lot and have already planned a couple more rally trips.

Hope you enjoy!