View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2021, 02:00 (Ref:4090527)   #37
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Why not, it is called a discussion
Not that you would've noticed. but crmalcolm has this habit of quoting me supposedly with the intent of furthering the discussion. But he never seems to get the point, or want to, which leads to asking more questions, and that's draining. So I didn't express my full opinion knowing he would ask more questions.

Quote:
A point I have made many times, SC as it stands is an anachronism and an entity that should stay in the past. They need to move on and create a series that is relevant to today but we had had that discussion a few times with no answers.
Supercars is an anachronism, this is an important point for those who want it to be the designated top tier class in Australia. ANachronisms are fine for non-professional national level motorsport, but not for the designated top tier.

The discussion may've occurred a few times, and there have been answers. It's 2-litre cars (or thereabouts). It;s just some don't want to acknowledge this for whatever reason. It's not even my opinion, it's just the way racing is.

Quote:
As they always were from day one, nothing new there. What does "down here" mean?
Over here means Australia.

I'm confused what you mean by "day one". When was day one?

Quote:
Do you want to have another go at that paragraph so it makes some sort of sense. "Over here" means what?
Yes, I'd like another go.

The popularity of touring cars, in whatever country/region the series is based, over and above those already interested in racing, comes down to how much the series correlated with what's driven on public roads. This so far mostly means 2-litre cars, but has never been exclusive to 2-litre cars.

Quote:
As is F1, the lesson was learned and copied well.
It doesn't work for the benefit of the whole of motor racing, similar to F1. The day that structure is smashed, the better it'll be for motor racing as a whole.

Last edited by 2 litre Touring Car Star; 19 Dec 2021 at 02:09.