View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2022, 10:12 (Ref:4099393)   #308
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The first time I took my Anglia out for testing at Brands after just built it, I found that bump steering was taking the car from the left hand side of the track past the pits along Top Straight and right over to the right side by the time I had reached Paddock, making it impossible to take a decent line through the bend.

Luckily, Zekia Redjap had come along to see how I was getting along, and he very kindly drove back to his garage in the garden of his home on the Sidcup by-pass and brought back a pair of modified A40 front springs. We managed to change them over (I think that I had used modified Corsair springs originally) and that immediately cured the problem, and I finished the afternoon's testing without any more dramas.

Zekia was a lovely fellow, and was a great help to me with unlimited advice plus some bits and pieces which he seemed able to procure at very short notice.