View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4103986)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Where do we find the replay?
Peacock.

Quote:
I didn't notice any excessive praise of JJ. He gained 12 positions and made several risky outside passes. This in his first start on an oval in an Indycar, He finished in front of defending series champion and teammate Palou. Whatever mention he got during the broadcast was well deserved. For the USA audience he is the most recognizable name in the series. I have no idea if his NASCAR fan base has followed him into Indycar to any great extent, but for those who have his first top ten will surely make them more likely to continue to follow the races.
The praise started likely before the race (I don't watch IndyCar prerace anymore), but really started a year ago with him crashing out and running in the rear. Give him his first oval start and it continued while he was running in the high teens when I heard he has over 1100 laps led, and multiple wins at Texas, it's his first oval start and blah blah. It continued as he kept going forward, which yes, was noteworthy, as you can tell from my previous comment. Perhaps it's because we got a 15 min 'Jimmie segment' during the 12 hours of Sebring over the weekend, too, but I mean, he is Superman, afterall.

And his NASCAR fanbase hasn't followed him to this series just yet and likely won't.