View Single Post
Old 8 May 2022, 05:38 (Ref:4109192)   #49
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I'm not so sure I'm really fond of this track.

The problem is not the track itself maybe, but once offline there seems to be no grip at all.
Practice/Qualifying is one thing, but will that be an interesting race?

I have enjoyed the track so far. There's a fair bit of variety in turns and I thought all the sliding seemed to be creating a challenge, not just off-line, but on tyre warm-up too, I wonder whether to do with the lower pressures this year. On an out-lap they still seemed to be booting the throttle and it giving a bit of a kick in surprising places in fast corners. There is some concern about passing in the race, though.

The clumsy Turn 14/ 15 chicane is a good challenge to my eyes. Verstappen spun there near the end of FP3. It's uphill, slightly blind over the crest and you could see slightly different approaches to tackling it.

Some comments on both are found here: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ha...kart/10300518/