Thread: Jason Plato
View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2022, 11:34 (Ref:4127836)   #12
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I think JP wasn’t in a good place with his two previous teams. As he said when he announced this was his last year he wanted to take control of his destiny. And perhaps he’s found out the destiny is brighter than previously thought.
His first season at PMR was a positive after the disastrous final season at PMR, and I know he felt revived there, but pointed out at the end of the season that the car wasn't quite there and the team needed to build their own engine to get it challenging. Obviously, they couldn't make that happen, but if they could, that would have been a decent set-up for him.

But as I said in another thread, if the BTC Honda had a Honda engine this year, I believe that it would have been Cook's year, and Plato wouldn't have been too far behind him either, so I think it would be far more fitting for him to have a last crack at it in a properly sorted BTC Honda, rather than a pretty half-baked one, given the engine situation and the somewhat "experimental" nature of the Hybrid situation this year.

At least they should (if they haven't already, I've not checked) win the Independents team title.