Thread: Monza chicanes
View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2023, 17:51 (Ref:4163403)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but isnt Monza already pretty much already flat out? same with Jeddah (which takes about 75mins to complete), RB Ring kinda, Silverstone is super fast, and soon so will Vegas (blah).

heck even Spa is pretty much flat out now days and, of course this is down to my personal opinion, i would not say that being able to go faster/maintain more speed all the way around the track has made Spa a better spectacle.

but if an outright speed challenge over a set number of laps is your bag, then surely the sprint races on the fastest available tire and low fuel is the way to go...unfortunately tho sprint race quality has been mixed to poor.

to each their own of course, but from that alone i would conclude that, regardless of the track configuration, the philosophy of flat out racing has done little to improve the quality of racing (whatever that means of course).

no doubt a different story 60 years ago but today 'speed' just feeds their modern narrative of shiny fast things on Instagram and click bait headlines of so and so setting a new lap record and fastest race ever.

anyways, im ranting because im bored!

with this many races, there should be more than enough room for wide variety of challenges for the teams and drivers to overcome!

Last edited by chillibowl; 12 Jun 2023 at 17:57.