View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2023, 14:54 (Ref:4179257)   #2102
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's hard to find a good way to objectively compare Latifi and Sargeant. I was trying to look at both of their rookie F1 seasons, but the Williams was so bad in 2020 that it makes it hard to compare to 2023.

If I were to make a serious stab at this, I would probably try to look at race pace deltas between Williams teammates when they were on same tires, same fuel loads, same race and both pushing vs. managing tire degradation to see who has the better race pace. Then you can maybe produce some type of rating between teammates. But that would give a George to Nicholas and Alex to Logan rating. If you assume both George and Alex are getting nearly the most from the car you might be able to compare Nicholas to Logan? Even then, like I point about above, if you use rookie seasons, the 2020 car was not good so makes it hard to do apples to apples with 2023 which is a much better car.

Regardless, all of that would be some serious work to prepare the right data for analysis and while the per lap timing exists, only the teams may really know what are the best laps/situations to compare two drivers like I suggest.

Richard