View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2023, 10:57 (Ref:4180655)   #80
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I doubt that they can just magic up a load of F1 tyres at a moments notice.
As discussed, these are produced months in advance. They have tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I think you might be underestimating the logistics and customs there!
If random GT3/LMP2 teams can overnight chassis from the UK/Italy to Abu Dhabi then I'm entirely sure the might that is Formula 1 can manage it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, of course they could have, but the FIA are not a single team. I think that if they had done so, serious ethical, i.e green type, questions would have been raised. In a way, this is almost a rerun Indianapolis so many years ago.
I agree with what you say, but I'm not sure "it's green an unethical" would've come up in the discussion on how to get tyres to the Qatar Grand Prix.