View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4181106)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I raced with them some years ago and have often slotted into a one off race on an ad hoc basis. Always well organised, although they suffered from lack of marshals occaisionally. The annual International event at Silverstone was always worth a visit, but that became MG Live and this year was MG/Triumph International (I think). This main event was effectively subsidised by Silverstone because the track hire was free to the club.

But I suspect for the last few years they've been paying Silverstone the full price for the use of the circuit. Add to that they have to run on the full GP circuit and the costs are signiificant.

Also many of their entrants are now running on the Equipe GTS card.

It is just an old car club, with an ever increasingly aged membership. My local coven in Aylesbury could care less about motor racing, much prefering to polish their cars and drive them to a pub.