View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4183060)   #45
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Is there a potential market for these cars in national championships? Could the cars in theory be sold on once their life in WRX is over? What's the cost of building an RX2E car vs an RX1E car or ICE Supercar? It's a possible stopgap solution.
That's a fair point; RX2E are usable in a few of the National Championships, so perhaps there is a market there.

RX2E is surely cheaper than an RX1E and I would think a competitive ICE Supercar. You could maybe buy something older (Supercar) for RX2E money, but building something fresh has to be more.

Quote:
I'm not sure about this - if they can't find a cause then if they run the cars again they're accepting that risk. Any injuries that result from that decision could then come back to haunt them - if they don't find a cause they could be held liable for future issues? I guess this is why it's taking them so long to try and get an answer.
I agree. If Kreisel sign off that the cars are safe and then something happens again they will get absolutely crucified. My assumption is that they will want to be 1000% certain before promising anything - and the promoter will surely want an absolutely iron clad guarantee after what has happened to the Championship this year - which leads us back to the earlier point that the ongoing investigation is not going to be quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
I spoke with a very credible person from the rallycross world at Rally Legend a few weeks ago and he seemed to think Electric will almost certianly die in a couple of years and ICE will replace it by sheer volume of cars running in the bigger national champs.
As Bert has already said...

Quote:
I don't think they can realistically go back to using ICE - not just because teams have sold the cars but also because of the focus they have put on the 'green credentials' of the electric cars - it'd be a big loss of face to return to ICE.
...I can't see World RX going back to ICE now. They have made so much about the transition it would be a huge embarrassment to have to revert back.

Again, referring to Tommy Kristoffersson, he has been quite vocal to the electric detractors on social media about only being able to contest World RX (i.e. get sponsors) for the electric cars.

I can't see the electric transition filtering down to Euro RX but, unless there is a change in the promoter and/or some sort of radical shake up, I just can't see World RX dropping electric.

(as an aside - and it is probably a conversation for another thread - but I wonder what the future of Nitro will be when the FC1-X reaches the end of its life)