View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2024, 22:10 (Ref:4203656)   #15
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ad-Blu is a pain.
When my eldest daughter had a diesel Volvo she parked outside one day, 2 wheels on the pavement, and happened to mention that the Ad-blue light had just come on, which meant she needed to replenish in the next 800 miles or something. She was wondering where might be best to get some locally.

Anyway, 2 hours later she set off to leave and the car would not start. The tilt from the kerb led to the sensor believing the vehicle was out of Ad-blu. So I went to the local supermarket and picked up 5ltrs (as I recall) and we put it in the tank. It still wouldn't start. It seemed to need to know that a significant amount of fluid had been added and the combination of the slope and 5ltrs was insufficient. Or it needed some further reset action that we were unaware of.

I can't recall what we did in the end but finally got it going and off she went.